- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GOREVILLE, Ill. -- Paul B. Davis, 80, of Goreville, formerly of Jonesboro, Ill., died Thursday, Aug. 21, 2008, at Heartland Regional Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born April 15, 1928, in Mill Creek, Ill., son of Grover and Ethel Burnell Davis. He and Willma Gurley were married Aug. 10, 1964, in Ware, Ill.
Davis was a retired member of Teamsters Local 347. He was a member of Busby Chapel Church in Goreville.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Bernard Davis of Jonesboro; two daughters, Lou Ann Roquemore of Honolulu, Paula Dirden of Ullin, Ill.; two stepsons, Carlos Gurley of Alto Pass, Ill., Bill Gurley of Jonesboro; three brothers, Richard of Cape Girardeau, Dick of Goreville, Milford of Elco, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brent Schuetz officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.