- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Religion briefs 8/23/08
Guest speaker at Father's Arms Sunday
The Rev. Cliff Clark will speak at Father's Arms Fellowship's 14th anniversary services Sunday in the 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. services. Continental breakfast will be provided at 9:30 a.m. before the morning service. Clark, born with cerebral palsy, received a Ph.D. in theology and was ordained as a Baptist minister.
Chaffee church marks 10th anniversary
Greater Vision Pentecostal Church in Chaffee, Mo., will celebrate its 10th anniversary at 7:30 p.m., Aug. 29. The Rev. Donnie Fowler of Naylor, Mo., will be the guest speaker.
This week's events at First Baptist Church
Sunday Bible study at First Baptist Church is at 9:30 a.m., and worship service at 10:45 a.m. The Rev. Mike Shupert's "Olympic Faith" message this week is titled "Put Together Your Dream Team," based on Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. Wednesday Bible study (Luke Ch 19) with Dr. Ron Winstead will be at 6:15 p.m. A new discussion group sponsored by First Baptist, Socrates' Cafe, is at 7 p.m. Wednesdays at Grace Cafe, 818 Broadway. The Core Youth Ministry meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the church, Lexington Avenue and Cape Rock Drive.
Young Life reunion to be held Aug. 30
Young Life Ministry will celebrate its 25th anniversary in Southeast Missouri with a day of activities Aug. 30. Activities include a catered lunch at noon that day at Cape County Park followed by a 3:30 p.m. tour of Cape Girardeau Central High School for those who graduated before the school was built. A Young Life club will meet at 7:30 p.m. at La Croix United Methodist Church.
¬Ņ-- From staff reports