- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Man charged with attack on elderly landlord
CHICAGO (AP) -- Police say a 28-year-old Chicago man has been charged with dousing an elderly landlord with a flammable liquid and setting him on fire.
Donald Hardy was charged Friday with attempted first-degree murder.
Family members say Harlan Hayes is hospitalized with burns over 90 percent of his body.
A tenant says she called 911 early Tuesday morning when she saw Hayes walking down the sidewalk, naked and badly burned. He collapsed on the porch of the building next door.
There is no telephone listing for Donald Hardy at the address provided by police. He is scheduled to appear in bond court on Saturday.