- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Highway 34/72 lane reductions begin today in Jackson
Drivers in Jackson will get their first real taste of the delays caused by work on the intersection of highways 34 and 72 in Jackson starting today, according to a MoDOT news release.
Starting today work on the 34/72 corridor is moving into the driving lanes, causing lane reductions at the intersection of the two highways. Lane reductions will continue next week at the intersection as crews begin to pave the area. MoDOT also warns that trucks will be entering and leaving the intersection regularly, which will also slow down traffic.
MoDOT is encouraging people to avoid the road during peak travel times of 6 to 8 a.m. and 3 to 6 p.m. The route is used by many people who come into Jackson for work or school.
For more information on the project call MoDOT at 1-888-ASK-MODOT.