- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)20
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
RED HOUSE HOSTS MERIWETHER LEWIS AT THE RIVER CAMPUS SEPTEMBER 20!
Nationally known historic speaker and participant of the Lewis and Clark Expedition Re-enactment, Bryant Boswell, who portrayed Meriwether Lewis in the Bicentennial Re-enactment, will be the featured speaker at the Red House Interpretive Center of Cape Girardeau, Missouri, dinner and fundraiser at the River Campus on September 20. The public is invited to participate in the event and also enjoy the recognition of Louis Lorimier's birthday at the September 20 dinner to be held at the Southeast Missouri State University Earl and Margie Holland School of Visual and Performing Arts - the "River Campus"! Guests will also have the opportunity from 5-6:00p.m. to meet with Bryant Boswell and to meet with Gary Lucy, nationally known artist who created the River Campus mural. Lucy will also have on exhibit 40 works of his art. Also from 5-6:00p.m. guests will have the opportunity to tour the Regional Museum and the Art Department Gallery, both located at the River Campus.
River Campus event schedule:
|5-6p.m.||Meet “Meriwether Lewis” - Bryant Boswell, national participant in the re-enactment of the Bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark Expedition|
Meet River Campus Mural artist Gary Lucy!
Enjoy seeing a special exhibit of 40 works of art he will display at the River Campus just for this Red House event! Hear a brief talk about his creation of the River Campus Mural!
Visit the Regional Museum, and the Art Department Gallery! Located at the River Campus
|Recognition of Louis Lorimier’s Birthday|
|7:30p.m.||Program by “Meriwether Lewis” – Bryant Boswell regarding his experiences during the national re-enactment of the Bicentennial of the Lewis and Clark Expedition!|
Tickets, $25 per person, are available at: the Red House, the Cape Girardeau Parks and Recreation Department (573) 335-5421, the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau (573) 335-1631, and at Old Town Cape (573) 334-8085.
Deadline for purchase of tickets is September 16.
September is Louis Lorimier Month at the Red House!
Red House schedule at a glance:
|September 1||Labor Day (Red House closed on Mondays)|
|September 2 – 5||Red House Open 10a.m. - 4p.m.|
|September 6||Red House open 10a.m. - 4p.m.|
|September 7||Red House open on Sunday 1p.m. - 4 p.m.|
|September 8||Red House closed on Mondays|
|September 9-12||Red House open 10a.m. - 4p.m.|
|September 13||Red House open 101.m. - 4p.m.|
|September 14||Last Sunday Red House open for 2008 season|
|September 20||Red House open 10a.m. - 4p.m.|
|The Red House Fundraising Dinner At The “River Campus”|
|September 27||Red House open 10a.m. – 4p.m.|
|10:30a.m. Storytelling with Dean Allison|