- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
River City Rodders and Old Town Cape host 31st Annual Classic Car Show
Downtown Cape Girardeau will be the setting for the River Tales Classic Car Show on September 14. Sponsored by the River City Rodders Car Club and Old Town Cape, the show expects over 200 cars and trucks to be displayed along Main St and in the downtown parking lot across from Hutson Furniture.
Registration fee for participating vehicles is $15 with attendance prizes for registered participants. Registration begins at 8:00 with judging scheduled to begin at noon. Trophies will be awarded at 3:00. General public is admitted free of charge.
Trophies will be awarded in thirty-one classes, with classes available for most vehicles from 1900 through 1998. In addition to the class trophies, special trophies will be awarded for Best Paint, Best Engine, Rodders' Choice and Old Town Cape's Choice.
In addition to the show, many of the stores and restaurants downtown will be open as well as the Red House Interpretive Center, the Glenn House, Old St. Vincent's Church and the Cape River Heritage Museum.
At 1:30 p.m. the Southside & Esprit Optimist Clubs will be hosting the Ducks on the Mississippi at the river front park. Proceeds from the duck races will benefit the fight against childhood cancer plus Southside kid programs.
Visit the web at www.rivertalesclassic.com for more information or contact the River City Rodders at 335-1704 or Old Town Cape at 334-8085.