- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Two area sex offenders sentenced to prison Monday
During Monday's law docket, two convicted sex offenders received prison sentences after previously pleading guilty.
Zechariah L. James, 30, of Cape Girardeau received a sentence of seven years after pleading guilty to statutory rape. James admitted raping a 12-year-old girl June 27. James also pleaded guilty to an unrelated case of domestic violence and received a five-year sentence to run concurrently with the rape conviction.
Anthony M. Matyasovszkey, 39, of Cape Girardeau received a sentence of six years in prison for felony child molestation after abusing an 11-year-old girl between Aug. 1, 2007, and Feb. 29, 2008. Matyasovszkey pleaded guilty July 14.