- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Isringhausen likely to miss rest of season
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals say reliever Jason Isringhausen could miss the rest of the season with an elbow injury.
St. Louis manager Tony La Russa said Tuesday night he doesn't think the injury is career-ending.
The Cardinals say an MRI exam revealed right elbow tendinitis and a partially torn tendon, although no ligament damage was found. Rest was prescribed, with no timetable for a return to throwing.
The 35-year-old Isringhausen is 12-for-19 in save chances and is 1-5 with a 5.70 ERA.