- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Kirllian Wheeler, 83, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2008, at Heartland Care and Rehab.
She was born June 9, 1925, in Pocahontas, daughter of Frank and Jessie Bishop Putz. She first married Jesse Woodrow Perry in Cape Girardeau, who preceded her in death. She and William A. Wheeler were married March 15, 1980, in Cape Girardeau. He died June 15, 2005.
Wheeler worked at International Shoe Co. and was owner/operator of flea markets in Cape Girardeau and McClure, Ill. She was a member of Victory Outreach Church.
Survivors include two sons, Michael Perry of Patton, Mo., James Perry of Whitewater; a daughter, Dorothy Allen of Cape Girardeau; a stepson, the Rev. Thomas J. Wheeler of Surabaya, Indonesia; two stepdaughters, Linnie Plunk of Arnold, Mo., Robbie Desen of Aurora, Colo.; a brother, Bobby Putz of Rockford, Ill.; 19 grandchildren; 33 great-grandchildren; and eight great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two daughters, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Charles Lance officiating. Burial will be at 1 p.m. in Missouri State Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, Mo.