- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Robert Louis Stevenson, 93, of Jacksonville, Fla., died Monday, Aug. 11, 2008, in Jacksonville.
He was born Feb. 7, 1915, at Shawneetown, son of Hugh Roy and Lula Emma Gladish Stevenson. He and Joanna Laney were married in 1945.
Stevenson served in the U.S. Navy. He worked 39 years at the Naval Air Rework Facility in Jacksonville.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, H. Robert (Beverly) Stevenson of Virginia, W. Judd Stevenson of Jacksonville; seven grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by three brothers, Lars, Jerry and John Stevenson; and a twin sister, Roberta McDowell of Fruitland.
A memorial service was held Friday at Hardage-Giddens Town and Country Funeral Home in Jacksonville. Burial was in Riverside Memorial Park in Jacksonville.
Announcement courtesy of Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.