* What is Post-Stroke Rehabilitation?: 6:30 to 8 p.m. in meeting room 106 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Discuss the advantages of a coordinated team approach involving the participation of rehabilitation specialists. Call 651-5825 to register.
* Freedom From Smoking: 11:30 a.m. to noon or 6 to 6:30 p.m. in the Health and Wellness conference rooms. This is a smoking cessation support group for smokers who are ready to quit. Free lung screening and nicotine replacement therapy for participants. Group will meet each Tuesday. There is a cost. To register, call 573-275-2177 or come to the first class.
* Southeast Missouri Hospital, Cape Girardeau, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Lowes Home Improvement, Cape Girardeau, 1 to 5 p.m.
* CrossRoads Fellowship Contemporary Church, Jackson, 2 to 6 p.m.
* HealthPoint Plaza, Cape Girardeau, 2 to 5 p.m.
MFH seeking board of directors nominations
The Missouri Foundation for Health will close the nomination process for the board of directors Friday. Directors govern MFH's efforts to provide funding to not-for-profit organizations that help improve the health of the state's uninsured, underinsured and underserved residents. Board members serve without pay for three-year terms and must live within the MFH service region. All applications must be postmarked by Friday. To receive a board application packet or to review the eligibility guidelines, visit www.mffh.org; call MFH at 314-345-5500 or 800-655-5560; or send a letter requesting information to Community Advisory Committee, Missouri Foundation for Health, 1000 St. Louis Union Station, Suite 400, St. Louis, Mo., 63103.
— From staff reports