- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUNDS, Ill. — Violet C. Walbridge, 91, of Paducah, Ky., died Monday, Aug. 18, 2008, at her home. She was formerly of Mounds and Villa Ridge, Ill.
She was born Feb. 27, 1917, in Chicago, daughter of Frank and Caroline Bledsoe Friddle. She married John H. Walbridge, who preceded her in death.
Walbridge was a past president of Cairo, Ill., Women's Club.
Survivors include two sons, John Walbridge of St. John, Ind., Glen Walbridge of Paducah; a sister, Frances Pool of Springfield, Ill.; five grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Visitation will be private.
Graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Spencer Heights Cemetery in Mounds, with the Rev. Robert McCoy officiating.
Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds is in charge of arrangements.