- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Local briefs 8/18/08
SEMO CPI to meet at Broadway coffee shop
The Southeast Missouri Climate Protection Initiative will meet at 7 p.m. Thursday at its new location, Broadway Books and Roasting Co. at 605 Broadway, Cape Girardeau. The agenda includes discussion of the group's projects and plans for 2008 to 2009. For more information, visit cstl.semo.edu/SEMOCPI.
Neighborhood group changes meeting place
Neighborhood Connections will meet from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at the Old Town Cape office, 418 Broadway. City inspector Tim Morgan will discuss standards for upkeep of property. There will be a report from the fall festival committee. An opportunity to check in with the Cape Girardeau Police Department will also be available.
-- From staff reports