- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Setterstrom lost for season with fracture
ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams offensive guard Mark Setterstrom fractured his left kneecap in the second half of Saturday's preseason game and will be placed on injured reserve.
Coach Scott Linehan said Sunday that Setterstrom, a seventh-round pick in 2006 who has made nine starts in two seasons, would have surgery later in the week.
Setterstrom tore a ligament and damaged cartilage in the same knee in the third game of the season last year, finishing that year on IR. He began training camp this summer as the starting right guard but was a reserve on Saturday against the Chargers after missing time with a strained muscle near his right knee.
Another offensive lineman, Brandon Gorin, also will be placed on injured reserve with a shoulder injury sustained in the preseason opener at Tennessee. Gorin made eight starts at tackle and played in 11 games last year, filling in when three line starters ended the year on injured reserve.
"There's some pretty significant damage that didn't show up on the first MRI," Linehan said.
Running back Brian Leonard sprained his shoulder Saturday and Linehan said he would be "pretty iffy" for next week's preseason game against the Ravens.
Linebacker David Vobora has a severely sprained ankle and could miss the last two preseason games.