- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Gearing up for giving
The United Way of Southeast Missouri is just days away from the kickoff of its 2008-09 fundraising campaign. The effort to raise money for community agencies will officially begin at 11:30 a.m. Aug. 29 at Cape West 14 Cine.
During the campaign, thousands of employees will be asked to participate in giving to the United Way through payroll deductions. The United Way campaign, this year under the leadership of co-chairs Jay Wolz of Southeast Missouri Hospital and Dale Rauh of the Jackson Board of Aldermen, is this area's major fundraising effort for nearly three dozen agencies that provide services that help individuals and groups in a variety of ways.
The campaign cabinet has four divisions: corporate/employee, professional, patron and public service. Each of these divisions will target donors in those areas. But many individuals support United Way on their own, because they recognize the value and importance of the work United Way does.
As the campaign approaches, think about all the services United Way agencies provide. And think about how your support is so vital to the success of those efforts.
More information about the United Way of Southeast Missouri, its goals and the agencies it supports can be found online at unitedwayofsemo.org or by calling 334-9634.