- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Ethel M. Statler, 90, of Marble Hill died Friday, Aug. 15, 2008, at the family home following an illness.
She was born Oct. 5, 1917, near Lutesville, Mo., daughter of the late Marvin and Lou Francis Eaker. She and George H. Statler were united in marriage Sept. 7, 1940, near Lutesville.
Mrs. Statler was a homemaker and a member of the New Sylvan General Baptist Church.
Survivors include a son, Sonny (Geraldine) Statler of Marble Hill; a grandson, Mark (Ladonna) Statler of Marble Hill; and a great-granddaughter, Chyna Statler.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home chapel, with the Rev. Fred Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery Fund.