- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Burglar flees in boxers, with jeans left in washer
WICHITA, Kan. -- A Kansas burglar apparently likes to be clean -- but isn't so good about clean getaways.
Police in Wichita say it appears a man broke into a house Friday night to wash his clothes but fled in boxers, with his jeans still in the washer.
A woman reported that she returned home, found her basement laundry room in disarray and went upstairs to call her husband.
That's when a man wearing only blue boxer shorts came upstairs, grabbed her purse and ran out the door.
Police Sgt. Diane Varnell says the woman chased him and recovered her purse, but the burglar is still on the loose.
Varnell says it appears the man simply needed to wash his clothes.