- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)6
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Burglar flees in boxers, with jeans left in washer
WICHITA, Kan. -- A Kansas burglar apparently likes to be clean -- but isn't so good about clean getaways.
Police in Wichita say it appears a man broke into a house Friday night to wash his clothes but fled in boxers, with his jeans still in the washer.
A woman reported that she returned home, found her basement laundry room in disarray and went upstairs to call her husband.
That's when a man wearing only blue boxer shorts came upstairs, grabbed her purse and ran out the door.
Police Sgt. Diane Varnell says the woman chased him and recovered her purse, but the burglar is still on the loose.
Varnell says it appears the man simply needed to wash his clothes.