- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Burglar flees in boxers, with jeans left in washer
WICHITA, Kan. -- A Kansas burglar apparently likes to be clean -- but isn't so good about clean getaways.
Police in Wichita say it appears a man broke into a house Friday night to wash his clothes but fled in boxers, with his jeans still in the washer.
A woman reported that she returned home, found her basement laundry room in disarray and went upstairs to call her husband.
That's when a man wearing only blue boxer shorts came upstairs, grabbed her purse and ran out the door.
Police Sgt. Diane Varnell says the woman chased him and recovered her purse, but the burglar is still on the loose.
Varnell says it appears the man simply needed to wash his clothes.