- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo. — Mildred Emmaline VanGennip, 88, of Advance died Thursday, Aug. 14, 2008, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 17, 1919, in Lutesville, Mo., daughter of Leander Harrison and Louisa Bernadine Beel Null. She and Robert Joseph VanGennip were married Sept. 16, 1939. He died Sept. 25, 1996.
VanGennip worked as a floral designer, and was a member of Friendship Baptist Church in Dongola, Mo.
Survivors include a son, James VanGennip of Advance; a brother, Louis Null of Marble Hill, Mo.; three sisters Maude Crites of Indiana, Dorothy Woodfin of Marble Hill, Melba Huffman of McClure, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a brother, three sisters and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Dale Huff officiating. Burial will be in Friendship Cemetery at Dongola.