- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Jefferson Co. authorities release name of ATV wreck victim
HILLSBORO, Mo. (AP) -- The 5-year-old girl killed in an eastern Missouri all-terrain vehicle accident is identified as Griffin Calvert of Hillsboro.
Meanwhile, the 15-year-old girl who was driving the ATV remains hospitalized in serious condition following the accident that occurred Thursday in Jefferson County. Her name has not been released and her relationship with Griffin is not specified.
Sheriff Glenn Boyer says the 15-year-old was driving the ATV with Griffin on board when it struck a tree and the younger child was thrown from the vehicle.
Griffin was scheduled to begin kindergarten. Counselors will be at the school when it opens Monday.