- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Daisy E. Brown, 85, of Sikeston died Thursday, Aug. 14, 2008, at her home.
She was born Oct. 5, 1922, in Hagerville, Ark., daughter of Gilbert V. and Lou Rainey Clark Patterson. She and Elgy Lee Brown Sr. were married Oct. 9, 1942, in Charleston, Mo.
Brown was a member of Trinity Gospel Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Elgy Brown Jr. of Sikeston; a daughter, Marjean Figley of Sikeston; two sisters, Bessie Krauss of Chaffee, Mo., Orena Halford of Sikeston; a granddaughter; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a grandson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Trinity Gospel Church, with the Rev. Larry Davis officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.
Nunnelee Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.