- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Daisy E. Brown, 85, of Sikeston died Thursday, Aug. 14, 2008, at her home.
She was born Oct. 5, 1922, in Hagerville, Ark., daughter of Gilbert V. and Lou Rainey Clark Patterson. She and Elgy Lee Brown Sr. were married Oct. 9, 1942, in Charleston, Mo.
Brown was a member of Trinity Gospel Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Elgy Brown Jr. of Sikeston; a daughter, Marjean Figley of Sikeston; two sisters, Bessie Krauss of Chaffee, Mo., Orena Halford of Sikeston; a granddaughter; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a grandson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at Trinity Gospel Church, with the Rev. Larry Davis officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.
Nunnelee Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.