- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Himmelberg chooses Rockhurst for baseball
Notre Dame standout athlete Mark Himmelberg plans to attend Rockhurst University and play baseball this year.
Himmelberg was a three-sport athlete at Notre Dame, and helped the Bulldogs reach the final four in soccer, basketball and baseball as a senior. Notre Dame won state titles in soccer and basketball.
Himmelberg entered the state tournament with a 7-3 record, 2.02 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 52 innings on the mound for the Bulldogs.
Long records medalist honors
Vickie Long was the medalist for the Ladies Day at Kimbeland Country Club.
The championship class winner was Barb Johnson, Margaret Sanders and Lillian Schneider tied in the A flight, Joan Clark and Dorothy Holland tied in the B flight, while Mary Rose James took the C flight.
Morris earns medalist honors
Kathy Morris finished as the medalist at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Carol Miller won the front nine, Morris won the back nine and Marlena Jones was the overall winner.
Donahue wins A flight
Sissy Donahue was the top golfer in the A flight at the weekly Cape Chip A Ways golf outing.
There was a three-way tie atop the B flight standings between Linda Williams, Waunita VanDyke and Marge Jurre. Bev Wink won the C flight.
-- From staff reports