- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Himmelberg chooses Rockhurst for baseball
Notre Dame standout athlete Mark Himmelberg plans to attend Rockhurst University and play baseball this year.
Himmelberg was a three-sport athlete at Notre Dame, and helped the Bulldogs reach the final four in soccer, basketball and baseball as a senior. Notre Dame won state titles in soccer and basketball.
Himmelberg entered the state tournament with a 7-3 record, 2.02 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 52 innings on the mound for the Bulldogs.
Long records medalist honors
Vickie Long was the medalist for the Ladies Day at Kimbeland Country Club.
The championship class winner was Barb Johnson, Margaret Sanders and Lillian Schneider tied in the A flight, Joan Clark and Dorothy Holland tied in the B flight, while Mary Rose James took the C flight.
Morris earns medalist honors
Kathy Morris finished as the medalist at the Cape Girardeau Country Club's Women's Golf Association's weekly outing.
Carol Miller won the front nine, Morris won the back nine and Marlena Jones was the overall winner.
Donahue wins A flight
Sissy Donahue was the top golfer in the A flight at the weekly Cape Chip A Ways golf outing.
There was a three-way tie atop the B flight standings between Linda Williams, Waunita VanDyke and Marge Jurre. Bev Wink won the C flight.
-- From staff reports