- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Earl Adams Jr.
PULASKI, Ill. — Earl W. Adams Jr., 43, of Baltimore and formerly of Pulaski, Ill., died Friday, Aug. 8, 2008, at his home.
He was born Dec. 16, 1964, at Carbondale, Ill., son of Earl W. Adams Sr. and Rachel Schoffner Adams.
Adams was educated at Meridian Public School District in Mounds, Ill. He was formerly a school bus driver in Cairo, Ill., and Carbondale was employed at the Baltimore County, Md., Department of Public Works and most recently at the Baltimore Behavioral Health Transportation Co. He was formerly a member of the Bethel Temple Church of God in Christ in Mounds.
Survivors include his mother, Rachel Lee Adams of Pulaski; two sisters, Freda Schoffner of Mound City, Ill., and Marva Purchase of Cairo, Ill.; a brother, Darrell Adams of Pulaski; and a fiance, Beverly McCory and her son Andre of Baltimore.
He was preceded in death by his father.
Funeral will be at 12 p.m. Saturday at Bethel Temple Church of God in Christ in Mounds. The Rev. David Terry and Elder Carl Whitaker will officiate, with burial in Henderson Cemetery in Pulaski.
Massie Funeral Home in Mounds is in charge of the arrangements.