- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Harbor Freight Tools store coming to Cape (3/29/17)9
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Cape school board rejects proposal to allow parochial-school students to play sports (3/28/17)81
- Ragsdale to replace Farrow as principal at Franklin Elementary (3/29/17)5
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- Suspended Southeast student pleads guilty to firearm charge from fatal Carbondale shooting (3/28/17)1
- Wide array of candidates run for Cape school board (3/27/17)7
Great potential at Jefferson
To the editor:
Our children were at Jefferson Elementary School for three years before we moved to another district. The school is getting a bad name when there is an excellent staff of teachers there. Mrs. Maxfield, Mrs. McCord, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Deimund, Ms. Stapleton and Mr. Grammer were all teachers my children had there. These individuals were awesome at what they do. There are children at Jefferson with a ton of potential.
The issue is not the school or the staff. It's the lack of parent involvement with their children's education. If you act like school is not important, if you don't attend school functions or parent teacher conferences, what message does that send to your child?
STEPHANIE BLISSETT, Cape Girardeau