- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Great potential at Jefferson
To the editor:
Our children were at Jefferson Elementary School for three years before we moved to another district. The school is getting a bad name when there is an excellent staff of teachers there. Mrs. Maxfield, Mrs. McCord, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Deimund, Ms. Stapleton and Mr. Grammer were all teachers my children had there. These individuals were awesome at what they do. There are children at Jefferson with a ton of potential.
The issue is not the school or the staff. It's the lack of parent involvement with their children's education. If you act like school is not important, if you don't attend school functions or parent teacher conferences, what message does that send to your child?
STEPHANIE BLISSETT, Cape Girardeau