- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Great potential at Jefferson
To the editor:
Our children were at Jefferson Elementary School for three years before we moved to another district. The school is getting a bad name when there is an excellent staff of teachers there. Mrs. Maxfield, Mrs. McCord, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Deimund, Ms. Stapleton and Mr. Grammer were all teachers my children had there. These individuals were awesome at what they do. There are children at Jefferson with a ton of potential.
The issue is not the school or the staff. It's the lack of parent involvement with their children's education. If you act like school is not important, if you don't attend school functions or parent teacher conferences, what message does that send to your child?
STEPHANIE BLISSETT, Cape Girardeau