- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Great potential at Jefferson
To the editor:
Our children were at Jefferson Elementary School for three years before we moved to another district. The school is getting a bad name when there is an excellent staff of teachers there. Mrs. Maxfield, Mrs. McCord, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Deimund, Ms. Stapleton and Mr. Grammer were all teachers my children had there. These individuals were awesome at what they do. There are children at Jefferson with a ton of potential.
The issue is not the school or the staff. It's the lack of parent involvement with their children's education. If you act like school is not important, if you don't attend school functions or parent teacher conferences, what message does that send to your child?
STEPHANIE BLISSETT, Cape Girardeau