- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Great potential at Jefferson
To the editor:
Our children were at Jefferson Elementary School for three years before we moved to another district. The school is getting a bad name when there is an excellent staff of teachers there. Mrs. Maxfield, Mrs. McCord, Mrs. Stephens, Mrs. Deimund, Ms. Stapleton and Mr. Grammer were all teachers my children had there. These individuals were awesome at what they do. There are children at Jefferson with a ton of potential.
The issue is not the school or the staff. It's the lack of parent involvement with their children's education. If you act like school is not important, if you don't attend school functions or parent teacher conferences, what message does that send to your child?
STEPHANIE BLISSETT, Cape Girardeau