- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Caruthersville woman stabbed Wednesday
CARUTHERSVILLE, Mo. -- A Caruthersville woman was recovering Thursday after suffering a stab wound Wednesday.
According to the Caruthersville Police Department, at 2:16 p.m. Wednesday officers received a report of a possible stabbing victim who was being treated for injuries at Twin River Medical Center in Kennett, Mo. Upon their arrival at the hospital, officers met with Dorcey Hollywood of Caruthersville, who had received a knife wound inflicted in Caruthersville.
A 43-year-old Caruthersville woman was arrested on felony assault charges and is being held in the Pemiscot County Jail. The suspect's name is being withheld pending formal charges.