- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary Jane Spies, 72, of Scott City died Thursday, Aug. 14, 2008, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
She was born April 6, 1936, in Beckley, W.Va., daughter of Lucien and Sadie Merritt. She and James Eugene "Jake" Spies were married April 1, 1955, in Crab Orchard, W.Va. He died Feb. 2, 2008.
Survivors include two sons, Mike Spies of Jackson, James Spies Jr. of Cape Girardeau; three brothers; a sister; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Rob Mehner officiating. Burial will be in Lightner Cemetery.