- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Judge denies request to revoke sheriff's bond (6/25/17)3
Dalhousie Golf Club this week has again offered its outstanding course and its hospitality for the second year in a row to the American Junior Golf Association. The just-ended tournament was enhanced by some great performances as well as outstanding weather for August in Missouri.
Next year, the AJGA will be back, this time with its Rolex Tournament of Champions, which will bring some of the finest young golfers in the world to Dalhousie -- even more so than the recent tournament.
Last year's Dalhousie Junior Championship was recognized by the AJGA as its Tournament of the Year based on charitable contribution, community support, media relations and overall execution that makes the event special for players, families and the AJGA staff. There is little reason to think this year's tournament wasn't even better.
Dalhousie and the other fine golf courses in Cape Girardeau and Jackson -- Cape Girardeau Country Club, Jaycee Municipal Golf Course, Bent Creek Golf Course and Kimbeland Country Club -- are among the amenities that raise the bar on leisure activities in this area. On more than one occasion the local golf courses have garnered statewide and national attention.
Hats off to the Dalhousie organizers, the AJGA staff, the young golfers, their parents and the many golf fans who made this week so special. We'll be looking for you next year at the big Rolex event.