- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- One of Cape's oldest mom-and-pop restaurants opens in new location (10/10/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
Dalhousie Golf Club this week has again offered its outstanding course and its hospitality for the second year in a row to the American Junior Golf Association. The just-ended tournament was enhanced by some great performances as well as outstanding weather for August in Missouri.
Next year, the AJGA will be back, this time with its Rolex Tournament of Champions, which will bring some of the finest young golfers in the world to Dalhousie -- even more so than the recent tournament.
Last year's Dalhousie Junior Championship was recognized by the AJGA as its Tournament of the Year based on charitable contribution, community support, media relations and overall execution that makes the event special for players, families and the AJGA staff. There is little reason to think this year's tournament wasn't even better.
Dalhousie and the other fine golf courses in Cape Girardeau and Jackson -- Cape Girardeau Country Club, Jaycee Municipal Golf Course, Bent Creek Golf Course and Kimbeland Country Club -- are among the amenities that raise the bar on leisure activities in this area. On more than one occasion the local golf courses have garnered statewide and national attention.
Hats off to the Dalhousie organizers, the AJGA staff, the young golfers, their parents and the many golf fans who made this week so special. We'll be looking for you next year at the big Rolex event.