- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Dalhousie Golf Club this week has again offered its outstanding course and its hospitality for the second year in a row to the American Junior Golf Association. The just-ended tournament was enhanced by some great performances as well as outstanding weather for August in Missouri.
Next year, the AJGA will be back, this time with its Rolex Tournament of Champions, which will bring some of the finest young golfers in the world to Dalhousie -- even more so than the recent tournament.
Last year's Dalhousie Junior Championship was recognized by the AJGA as its Tournament of the Year based on charitable contribution, community support, media relations and overall execution that makes the event special for players, families and the AJGA staff. There is little reason to think this year's tournament wasn't even better.
Dalhousie and the other fine golf courses in Cape Girardeau and Jackson -- Cape Girardeau Country Club, Jaycee Municipal Golf Course, Bent Creek Golf Course and Kimbeland Country Club -- are among the amenities that raise the bar on leisure activities in this area. On more than one occasion the local golf courses have garnered statewide and national attention.
Hats off to the Dalhousie organizers, the AJGA staff, the young golfers, their parents and the many golf fans who made this week so special. We'll be looking for you next year at the big Rolex event.