- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Club news 9/1/04
St. Mary CWC
St. Mary Council of Catholic Women met Aug. 19 in the Monsignor Huels Room of the parish office building. Sister Mary Christopher Chinedum Ibegwam of the Order of the Sisters of the Immaculate Heart of Mary Mother of Christ was welcomed. She is now in Minneapolis, Minn., working at "Sharing and Caring Hands" with Mary Jo Copland.
Alison Epplin was introduced as a new member. Sister Lucille, community chair, reported a successful blood drive was held on July 25.
Legislative commission chair Judy Stricker announced that the Missouri Catholic Conference will be held in Jefferson City on Oct. 2. Those interested in attending the assembly should contact Stricker so that the group can carpool.
St. Mary hosted the CWI Bible study and board meeting on Aug. 6. The Awareness Luncheon will be held at New McKendree Church in Jackson on Sept. 24. Personal items for the Salvation Army will be collected.
St. Mary CWC will participate in "Shoes for Orphan Souls" from Oct. 17 to Nov. 7. New shoes, socks and shoestrings for orphans sizes 0 to 18, male and female, are needed.
The next meeting will be Sept. 16 beginning with a covered dish supper at 6 p.m. in the Monsignor Huels Room.
-- From staff reports