- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
COBDEN, Ill. -- Minnie M. Sweitzer, 91, of Cobden died Sunday, Aug. 29, 2004, at her home.
She was born Nov. 17, 1912, in Alto Pass, Ill., daughter of Peter August and Waite McDonald Hicks. She and Marion E. Sweitzer were married July 26, 1932, in Cobden. He died Nov.16, 1987.
Sweitzer was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Cobden, Anna Moose Auxiliary and Cobden Women's Club.
Survivors include five daughters, Marian Steinheimer of New Athens, Ill., Barbara Womack of Belleville, Ill., Fran Holly of Cobden, Carolyn Basse of Jonesboro, Ill., Shirley Razick of Bradenton, Fla.; 17 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son, five sisters, five brothers and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Cobden from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday. The rosary will be recited at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. Federico Higuera officiating. Burial will be in Alto Pass Cemetery.