- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Mildred Wilson McMackins, 86, of Sikeston died Friday, Aug. 27, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born July 14, 1918, at Caruthersville, Mo., daughter of William Henry and Lula Ring Huntley. She and Melvin McMackins were married Feb. 23, 1941, in St. Louis. He died Nov. 30, 1997.
McMackins was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Steve McMackins of San Diego, Calif., Stan McMackins of Los Angeles, Calif., Bill McMackins of St. Paul, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by two brothers and six sisters.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. today at First Baptist Church. The Rev. David Jackson will officiate, assisted by Dr. Rick Ramsey.
Blanchard Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.