- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Marie Long, 89, of Marble Hill died Saturday, Aug. 28, 2004, at Saint Francis Medical Center at Cape Girardeau.
She was born Jan. 9, 1915, at Marble Hill, daughter of Charley and Eva Causey Welker. She and the Rev. Florence Long were married Oct. 20, 1934. He died April 18, 1997.
Survivors include three sons, Winford, Junior and Jerry Long, all of Marble Hill; seven grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by six brothers, five sisters and one granddaughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home at Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Eddie Long officiating. Burial will be in Bollinger County Memorial Park Cemetery near Marble Hill.