- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Leila Mae Boldrey, 78, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Aug. 29, 2004, at the Lutheran Home at Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 1, 1925, at Cora City, Ill., daughter of Benjamin and Anna Boedeker Boldrey. She and Bernard Boldrey were married Nov. 22, 1945, at Chester, Ill. He died Jan. 3, 1995.
Boldrey was a secretary in the math department at Southeast Missouri State University for 23 years. She was a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital, the police station and the Lutheran Home at Cape Girardeau. She was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church and a member of PEO chapter BI.
Survivors include son and daughter-in-law, Gregory and Kathy Boldrey of Sikeston, Mo., and two grandsons, Dr. Andrew and Aaron Boldrey of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A funeral service will be at 7 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating, and a graveside service at 10 a.m. Tuesday in the Fairmont Cemetery at Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to the American Diebetes Association, 2650 S. Hanley Road, Suite 350, St. Louis, Mo. 63144.