- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BIEHLE, Mo. — Wilfred N. Ernst, 92, of Biehle died Monday, Aug. 4, 2008, at Independence Care Center of Perry County.
He was born July 15, 1916, at Biehle, son of Joseph and Catherine Wingerter Ernst. He and Anita Pingel were married Nov. 20, 1943.
Ernst was a lifelong farmer in the Biehle area. He was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church, Farm Bureau, Knights of Columbus, helped start Biehle 4-H Club and served on Perryville FHA Board.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Betty Kluesner of Cape Girardeau; four sons, Jim, David and Duane Ernst of Perryville, Ted Ernst of Jackson; 12 grandchildren; and 14 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, four brothers, four sisters and four grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 4 to 9 p.m. Thursday and from 6:30 to 9:15 a.m. Friday at Young and Sons Funeral Home. The parish wake will be at 5 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Maurus Catholic Church., with the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.