- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Police search for suspect in robbery
Cape Girardeau police continue to search for the suspect in an armed robbery that occurred around 7:15 p.m. Tuesday night in the 500 block of South Benton Street.
A man walked into the police station and said his wallet was lifted at gunpoint, Sgt. Barry Hovis, spokesman for the police department, said.
Officers later found the man's wallet in the same neighborhood, minus an undetermined amount of cash, Hovis said.
Early information indicates the incident may have been drug-related, Hovis said.