- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Heat advisory in effect today, possibly Tuesday
The National Weather Service issued a heat advisory this morning for all of Southeast Missouri and the surrounding region.
The advisory is in effect until 6 p.m. today, as temperatures in the mid- to high 90s will combine with high humidity to push the heat index, a measurement of what the temperature feels like outside, near or over 105 degrees in most areas.
Tuesday's conditions will be similar, which might lead to another heat advisory.
At 10:53 a.m., the temperature at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport was 85 degrees, with a heat index of 90, according to National Weather Service measurements.
Last week the heat index went over 100 degrees much of the week, as similar conditions blanketed the area.