- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Louis police: Man fatally shot over cheeseburger
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A St. Louis man is dead and a teenager is in custody after a shooting over a cheeseburger.
The victim is 26-year-old Carl Sharp. The name of the 16-year-old suspect has not been released.
Police say Sharp returned home around 12:30 a.m. Sunday after purchasing three cheeseburgers at a Rally's restaurant. The suspect apparently became angry because he had requested two burgers, not three, and an argument began.
The men ate the sandwiches and the suspect left. A short time later, police say the teen returned and shot Sharp three times. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 16-year-old fled the scene on a bicycle and was taken into custody Sunday afternoon.
Sharp was a recent college graduate who is survived by his wife and two children.
Information from: KMOV-TV, http://www.kmov.com