- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dorothy Henson Young, 84, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Aug. 3, 2008, in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 31, 1923, in Portageville, Mo., to Benjamin and Myrtle Mae Crites Henson. She and Cletis Baldwin Young were married Oct. 15, 1946, in Portageville. He died March 16, 1979.
She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother. She enjoyed helping people and touched the life of everyone she met.
Young was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
She is survived by three sons, Dawson Young and his wife, Brenda, of Alpine, Texas, Joe Young and his wife, Donna, of Cape Girardeau, and Tom Young and his wife, Carla, of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Alice Young of Cape Girardeau, Rosemary Beard and her husband, Irvin, of Virginia Beach, Va., and Beth Morgan and her husband, David, of Middlebrook, Mo.; two brothers, Donald Henson of West Memphis, Ark., and Franklin Henson of Jacksonville, Ark.; a sister, Elaine Kimes of Portageville; 12 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceeded in death by her husband, her parents, three brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at St.Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the church. The Rev. David Hulshof will officiate.
Burial will be at Portageville City Cemetery in Portageville.
Memorials may be made to The American Cancer Society.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.