- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ADVANCE, Mo — William "Bill" Holland, 79, of Advance was born Feb. 14, 1929, in Mississippi, son of Romie and Edna Holland. He passed away Aug. 2, 2008, at his home.
Bill was a retired maintenance worker for McDonalds. He was also a firefighter and an avid guitar player. He played with The McAtee's and Harold and the Boys.
Bill and Odetta Holland were united in marriage April 18, 1987, in Advance. Odetta has survived him and is currently living at their home.
Other survivors include two daughters, Noel Holland of Joplin, Mo., and Bambi Adams of Fairmont, W.Va.; a brother, Jerry Holland of New Orleans; a stepdaughter, Selena Birkman of Advance; a stepson, Lonnie Daniel of Advance; four granddaughters, Sarah Zinger, Holly Stovall, Tiffany Cummins and Jennifer Adams; two grandsons, Billy Hale and Brandon Randol; three stepgrandsons, William Birkman, Brian Birkman and Jacob Daniel; a stepgranddaughter, Rachel Birkman, three great-grandsons and two great-stepgranddaughters.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers, Jim Holland and Lamar Holland, a sister, Janie Victory and a great-granddaughter, Chloe Zinger.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ronnie McAtee officiating. The Rev. Brad Moore will be assisting.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the church Advance First.