- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Murphy - Kirn
Varonnica Patrice Murphy and Christopher John Kirn were united in marriage May 17, 2008, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Revs. Rahab Isidor and Augustine Alilonu performed the ceremony. Eucharistic ministers were Donna Sadler of Chaffee, Mo., godmother of the groom; Shirley Hrabar of Jackson, grandmother of the bride; and Ann Broehl of East Brunswick, N.J., aunt of the bride.
Reader was Connie Kovaleski of Toms River, N.J., godmother of the bride. Giftbearers were parents of the couple. Pianist was Cheryl Oberhaus and vocalist was Alan Bruns.
The bride is the daughter of Ronn and Sandra Murphy of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Larry and Kathy Kirn of Chaffee.
Maid of honor was Cassandra Murphy of Cape Girardeau, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jessica Wilson of Cape Girardeau, Kelly Willis of Lexington, Ky., Colleen Kelly of Cape Girardeau, and Jennifer Dunn of St. Louis. Junior bridesmaid was Madison Hrabar of Burkburnett, Texas, cousin of the bride.
Trevor Kirn of Chaffee, brother of the groom, and Jeremy Evans of Cape Girardeau were best men. Groomsmen were Eric Eftink, Ronnie Ressell and Brian Oberman, all of Chaffee. Ushers were Craig Ressell of Chaffee, brother-in-law of the groom, and Terry Yarbrough of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girls were Savanna Hrabar of Burkburnett, cousin of the bride, and Harley Ressell of Chaffee, niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Peyton Hrabar of Burkburnett, cousin of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Taylor and Kylea Laxton of Chaffee, nieces of the groom.
The reception was held at Drury Lodge.
The couple's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 16 at the home of the bride's parents.
Mrs. Kirn is a 2004 graduate of Central High School, and is majoring in mass communication at Southeast Missouri State University. She is marketing director at Pursley Chiropractic.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Chaffee High School, and a graduate of AMI in Daytona, Fla. He is employed at Procter and Gamble.
After a wedding trip to Riviera Maya, Mexico, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.