- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)12
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Property owners mow on Route W
To the editor:
I am writing in reference to the Speak Out comment "Thanks for mowing: We want to thank the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department for the mowing it recently did on Route W in the Boutin Drive area. Everyone who drives in this area is thankful."
The mowing of this area was not done by the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department. The area of high grass was mowed by the son of one of the property owners with his own tractor and mower. Most of the Boutin Drive area of Route W is mowed by the property owners as part of their yards.
Thanks to all the owners along Boutin Drive who help to keep this area looking nice for the travelers on this stretch of country road.
KANDY PEEK, Cape Girardeau