- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Property owners mow on Route W
To the editor:
I am writing in reference to the Speak Out comment "Thanks for mowing: We want to thank the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department for the mowing it recently did on Route W in the Boutin Drive area. Everyone who drives in this area is thankful."
The mowing of this area was not done by the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department. The area of high grass was mowed by the son of one of the property owners with his own tractor and mower. Most of the Boutin Drive area of Route W is mowed by the property owners as part of their yards.
Thanks to all the owners along Boutin Drive who help to keep this area looking nice for the travelers on this stretch of country road.
KANDY PEEK, Cape Girardeau