- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Property owners mow on Route W
To the editor:
I am writing in reference to the Speak Out comment "Thanks for mowing: We want to thank the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department for the mowing it recently did on Route W in the Boutin Drive area. Everyone who drives in this area is thankful."
The mowing of this area was not done by the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department. The area of high grass was mowed by the son of one of the property owners with his own tractor and mower. Most of the Boutin Drive area of Route W is mowed by the property owners as part of their yards.
Thanks to all the owners along Boutin Drive who help to keep this area looking nice for the travelers on this stretch of country road.
KANDY PEEK, Cape Girardeau