- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)2
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Property owners mow on Route W
To the editor:
I am writing in reference to the Speak Out comment "Thanks for mowing: We want to thank the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department for the mowing it recently did on Route W in the Boutin Drive area. Everyone who drives in this area is thankful."
The mowing of this area was not done by the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department. The area of high grass was mowed by the son of one of the property owners with his own tractor and mower. Most of the Boutin Drive area of Route W is mowed by the property owners as part of their yards.
Thanks to all the owners along Boutin Drive who help to keep this area looking nice for the travelers on this stretch of country road.
KANDY PEEK, Cape Girardeau