- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Property owners mow on Route W
To the editor:
I am writing in reference to the Speak Out comment "Thanks for mowing: We want to thank the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department for the mowing it recently did on Route W in the Boutin Drive area. Everyone who drives in this area is thankful."
The mowing of this area was not done by the Cape Girardeau County Highway Department. The area of high grass was mowed by the son of one of the property owners with his own tractor and mower. Most of the Boutin Drive area of Route W is mowed by the property owners as part of their yards.
Thanks to all the owners along Boutin Drive who help to keep this area looking nice for the travelers on this stretch of country road.
KANDY PEEK, Cape Girardeau