- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
The Jackson Soccer Park and other amenities are nearby, but this home allows plenty of privacy. Located in the Jackson School District, this subdivision is similar to properties on a golf course with its manicured yards and space between homes. Neighboring homes are not separated by fences.
Three bedrooms and three bathrooms with a split-bedroom plan create privacy within the home. Set on 3.87 acres, this ranch-style house is enhanced by a fully paved circular driveway. Spacious front flower beds allow plenty of room to create an aesthetically pleasing display.
The front-porch columns and tall, paned, arched windows are complemented by shutters that follow a similar design. A semicircular brick doorstep mirrors the entrance leading to the foyer. The glass door inset is arched and flanked by coordinating transoms.
A dining room is off the foyer. Both of these areas, along with the kitchen, feature oak flooring.
Vaulted ceilings in the living room and master bedroom add interest to the design and dimension to the already high ceilings throughout.
The 18-by-17-foot living room has custom floor-to-ceiling shelving. A bank of windows at the rear of the room with three dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows adds appeal to this room.
The kitchen's proximity to the living room is handy for entertaining or informal family meals.
Patio doors off the kitchen lead to a covered porch with vinyl railing at the front. Another dining option, this spot offers a picturesque view of the yard and extends past the railing onto a spacious concrete patio area.
The kitchen has its own dining area. Appliances are stainless steel and the stove has a flat cooktop. A pantry, wine rack with glass storage, pull-out drawers and two lazy Susans create extra storage in this 22-by-11-foot room. Maple cabinets are finished in a chocolate-colored glaze. There is pendant lighting above the sink.
Access between the kitchen and the two-and-a-half-car garage is handy after grocery shopping.
The utility room with shelving is also off the kitchen.
A nearby hall closet is close enough to store small kitchen appliances, which allows kitchen counters to remain uncluttered.
The vaulted ceiling and window layout in the master bedroom create an elegant space. His-and-hers walk-in closets are illuminated upon entry. An adjoining bath has a Jacuzzi and two separate vanity areas. A large window above the cabinet-enclosed Jacuzzi, a shower and a semiprivate commode are featured in the bathroom.
The remaining bedrooms, both 14 by 11 feet, are opposite the master bedroom.
The lower level has a storm shelter and huge unfinished storage space. The family room is 30 by 17 feet, making it large enough for more than one use.
The lower-level bathroom is oversized. Another unfinished large room on this level has electrical wiring in place and is ready for a new homeowner to carve out their own special area.
335-6611, extension 133