- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Nolen - Proffitt
CHAFFEE, Mo. — Kathryn Nichole Nolen and Kyle Quincy Proffitt were married Sept. 29, 2007, at First Baptist Church in Chaffee. The Rev. Cliff Day performed the ceremony. Pianist was Becky Hanlon of Chaffee.
The bride is the daughter of David and Jennifer Nolen of Chaffee. The groom is the son of Keith and Nancy Proffitt of Camden, Mo.
Maid of honor was Stevie Burks of Kansas City, Mo. Bridesmaids were Emily Senciboy of Chaffee, Abby Sapp of St. Louis, Christy Borrowman of Kansas City, and April Farmer of Columbia, Mo.
Kevin Proffitt of Kansas City served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Ryan Small and Nick Gustafson of Kansas City, Chris Walters of St. Louis, and Kyle Farmer of Columbia. Ushers were Casey Nolen of St. Louis, brother of the bride; Dan Blackburn of Higginsville, Mo., brother-in-law of the groom; Trevor Best and John McCanless of Kansas City.
Candlelighters were James and Paul McFerron, sons of Jae and Helen McFerron of Branson, Mo., and cousins of the bride.
Ringbearers were Proffitt and Frank Blackburn, sons of Dan and Kim Blackburn and nephews of the groom.
Bellringer Luke McFerron preceded the bride down the aisle. He is the son of Jae and Helen McFerron and cousin of the bride.
The reception was held at Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 28 at the Glenn House in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Proffitt is a 2006 graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Law. She is completing a two-year judicial clerkship with the Hon. Peggy Stevens McGraw in Kansas City. She will then be an attorney with Court Appointed Special Advocates of Kansas City.
The groom attended the university. He is manager at Walgreens in Kansas City.
After a wedding trip to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, the couple resides in Kansas City.