- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Melba Roberta Lounder, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born July 11, 1922, at Bell City, Mo., daughter of Calvin and Lula Keller Gregory. She first married Jack McDonald. She and Keith O. Lounder were married March 21, 1953, in Piggott, Ark. He died May 21, 2000.
Lounder was a 1940 graduate of Central High School. She later moved to Southern California, returning to Missouri in 1976. She was a member of Cape Bible Chapel.
Survivors include a daughter, Linda Royce of Cape Girardeau; a son, Jack McDonald of Cape Girardeau; a stepson, James Lounder of Lincoln, Neb.; a stepdaughter, Dolores Henderson of Kansas City, Mo.; a sister, Mona Hill of Cape Girardeau; two grandchildren; eight stepgrandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, twin infants, three brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 9 a.m. to service time Monday.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. Hal Greene will officiate.