- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ralph Isom Sr.
Ralph D. Isom Sr., 70, of Cape Girardeau, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Thursday, Aug. 26, 2004, at the Lutheran Home.
He was born Dec. 29, 1933, in Ullin, Ill., son of Meredith and Cleta Gillete Isom. He married Carlene Isom.
Isom received a bachelor's degree from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale and a master's degree from Southeast Missouri State University. He was an ordained Baptist minister.
Survivors include three daughters, Cathy Collier of Denver, Colo., Mary McClanahan of Jackson, Renea Ruppenthal of Scott City; three sons, Ralph Isom Jr. of Anna, John Isom of Belknap, Ill., Tim Isom of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Clyde and Tunney Isom of Anna, Jim Isom of Arizona, Kenneth Isom of Texas; three sisters, Sue Murphy of Ullin, Maxine Johnson of Anna, Evelyn Long of Wisconsin; and 10 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 11 a.m. to service time Monday.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in American Legion Cemetery at Dongola, Ill.