- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Hildegard L. Schilling, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Aug. 26, 2004, at Life Care Center.
She was born May 5, 1927, at Wittenberg, Mo., daughter of Albert and Amanda Stueve Leimbach. She and Senno "Butch" Schilling were married May 21, 1946, at Altenburg, Mo. He died Feb. 22, 1998.
Schilling worked at Florsheim Shoe Co. more than 25 years, and also worked at Tri-Con. She was a member of Good Shepherd Lutheran Chapel and its Ladies Guild.
Survivors include two sons, Daryl and Larry Schilling of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Allen Leimbach of Thebes, Ill.; two sisters, Wilma Mueller of Perryville, Mo., Flora Oberndorfer of Frohna, Mo.; a grandchild; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 9 a.m. to noon Sunday, then from 12:30 p.m. to service time at Good Shepherd Chapel.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Sunday at the chapel, with the Rev. Barry Pfanstiel officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.