- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Cape police searching for shooting suspect
Police are searching for Nieko D. Kuykendoll, 17, after a woman reported he shot twice at her late Tuesday evening. The woman, who lives in the 700 block of South Ellis Street, was not hit.
According to a probable cause statement, the victim was robbed on July 6 by the same man, who stole money and a cell phone. He and another male reportedly told the woman that if she called the police they would kill her and her baby.
Late Tuesday the woman saw one of the males outside her home. She went inside, waited a few minutes, and walked outside, where she saw the male near Walnut and Ellis streets. The man then fired shots at her and she ran, the statement says.
Police responded about 1:10 a.m. Wednesday, at which time the victim reported the July 6 incident.
An unknown person told the victim that he or she thought Kuykendoll was the shooter. The victim later identified Kuykendoll in a photo lineup.
Kuykendoll is wanted on counts of first-degree assault, armed criminal action and first-degree robbery. His bond is set at $150,000 cash only.
Police urge people to call 335-6621 if they know Kuykendoll's whereabouts.