- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COLUMBIA, Ill. — Robert Geringer, 96, of Columbia died Friday, July 25, 2008, at Columbia Convalescent Center in Columbia.
He was born Jan. 10, 1912, in Perryville, Mo., son of Lucas and Louise Katherine Bohnert Geringer. He and Anita Floyd were married in Cape Girardeau. She died June 12, 2008.
Geringer had been a truck driver.
Survivors include a son-in-law, Paul Roberts of Columbia; three grandchildren, Lisa Hrdlicka and Dennis Roberts of Columbia, Brad Roberts of Millstadt, Ill.; and seven great-grandchildren.,
He was preceded in death by his parents; wife; a daughter, Wanda Jean Roberts; and a great-grandson, Jonathan Berit Roberts.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
A graveside service will be held at noon Friday at Cape County Memorial Park, with Donny Ford officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, Tenn., 38105.