- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ORAN, Mo. -- Julius Joseph Trost, 87, of Springfield, Mo., died Monday, July 28, 2008, at his home.
He was born Jan. 19, 1921, in Oran, son of Fred and Dora Trost.
Trost worked in the Civil Conservation Corps before becoming a truck driver with Frisco Transportation Co. He was a member of Macedonia Baptist Church and Teamsters Local 600.
Survivors include his wife, Maxine; three daughters, Shirley Shoemaker of Oran, Carolyn Phillips of Fort Worth, Texas, Betty Finney of Seymour, Mo.; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Visitation is from 6 to 8 p.m. today at Greenlawn South Funeral Home in Springfield.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home.