- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Hulshof to discuss economic proposals in Cape today
U.S. Rep. Kenny Hulshof brings his campaign for governor to Cape Girardeau today as part of a 10-day effort to gain voter's trust on economic issues.
Hulshof will speak at 10:45 a.m. at JCS/Tel-Link, 1606 N. Kingshighway, a business owned by prominent local Republicans Reg and Kathy Swan. Hulshof will discuss his proposals for job training, pro-business government reforms and tax incentives to encourage investment.
Hulshof on Tuesday faces State Treasurer Sarah Steelman and two lesser-known candidates, Jen Sievers of Jackson and Scott Long of Mountain View, for the GOP nomination.