- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Thanks for Wappapello Waterfest
To the editor:
At Wappapello Lake, we celebrated Independence Day with families from across the nation. We want to honor several businesses and organizations that shaped our Waterfest into quality family entertainment:
SEMO Regional Water Safety, which provides prizes, ribbons and water-safety materials. People's Community Bank (Wappapello facility). McDonald's Restaurants. Raben Tire Co. Plaza Tire Service. Expert Tire. Blackwell-Baldwin. Pizza Inn. Pizza Hut. CiCi's Pizza. Godfather's Pizza. Meineke Car Care Center. Dairy Queen. Hollywood Video. Hastings. Briggs and Stratton. American Superstores. Hefner's Furniture. Home Depot.
Thank you to volunteers Margaret Rice-LaPlante, Lou Jefferson and Ashley Winchester, who assisted with registration and other aspects of the event. Thanks to Stoddard County and East Wayne County ambulance services for medical assistance. Thanks to Bo Bo the Clown (Irene Settle) for the standing-room-only magic shows, and the Wappapello Volunteer Fire Department, which provided craft booths, karaoke, musical entertainment and fireworks.
Through the efforts of our sponsors, partners and volunteers, Wappapello Lake shone in bringing families and memorable times together during the holiday weekend. That's something to celebrate.
GARY G. STILTS, Operations Manager, Wappapello Lake