- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Thanks for Wappapello Waterfest
To the editor:
At Wappapello Lake, we celebrated Independence Day with families from across the nation. We want to honor several businesses and organizations that shaped our Waterfest into quality family entertainment:
SEMO Regional Water Safety, which provides prizes, ribbons and water-safety materials. People's Community Bank (Wappapello facility). McDonald's Restaurants. Raben Tire Co. Plaza Tire Service. Expert Tire. Blackwell-Baldwin. Pizza Inn. Pizza Hut. CiCi's Pizza. Godfather's Pizza. Meineke Car Care Center. Dairy Queen. Hollywood Video. Hastings. Briggs and Stratton. American Superstores. Hefner's Furniture. Home Depot.
Thank you to volunteers Margaret Rice-LaPlante, Lou Jefferson and Ashley Winchester, who assisted with registration and other aspects of the event. Thanks to Stoddard County and East Wayne County ambulance services for medical assistance. Thanks to Bo Bo the Clown (Irene Settle) for the standing-room-only magic shows, and the Wappapello Volunteer Fire Department, which provided craft booths, karaoke, musical entertainment and fireworks.
Through the efforts of our sponsors, partners and volunteers, Wappapello Lake shone in bringing families and memorable times together during the holiday weekend. That's something to celebrate.
GARY G. STILTS, Operations Manager, Wappapello Lake