- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Thanks for Wappapello Waterfest
To the editor:
At Wappapello Lake, we celebrated Independence Day with families from across the nation. We want to honor several businesses and organizations that shaped our Waterfest into quality family entertainment:
SEMO Regional Water Safety, which provides prizes, ribbons and water-safety materials. People's Community Bank (Wappapello facility). McDonald's Restaurants. Raben Tire Co. Plaza Tire Service. Expert Tire. Blackwell-Baldwin. Pizza Inn. Pizza Hut. CiCi's Pizza. Godfather's Pizza. Meineke Car Care Center. Dairy Queen. Hollywood Video. Hastings. Briggs and Stratton. American Superstores. Hefner's Furniture. Home Depot.
Thank you to volunteers Margaret Rice-LaPlante, Lou Jefferson and Ashley Winchester, who assisted with registration and other aspects of the event. Thanks to Stoddard County and East Wayne County ambulance services for medical assistance. Thanks to Bo Bo the Clown (Irene Settle) for the standing-room-only magic shows, and the Wappapello Volunteer Fire Department, which provided craft booths, karaoke, musical entertainment and fireworks.
Through the efforts of our sponsors, partners and volunteers, Wappapello Lake shone in bringing families and memorable times together during the holiday weekend. That's something to celebrate.
GARY G. STILTS, Operations Manager, Wappapello Lake