- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Thanks for Wappapello Waterfest
To the editor:
At Wappapello Lake, we celebrated Independence Day with families from across the nation. We want to honor several businesses and organizations that shaped our Waterfest into quality family entertainment:
SEMO Regional Water Safety, which provides prizes, ribbons and water-safety materials. People's Community Bank (Wappapello facility). McDonald's Restaurants. Raben Tire Co. Plaza Tire Service. Expert Tire. Blackwell-Baldwin. Pizza Inn. Pizza Hut. CiCi's Pizza. Godfather's Pizza. Meineke Car Care Center. Dairy Queen. Hollywood Video. Hastings. Briggs and Stratton. American Superstores. Hefner's Furniture. Home Depot.
Thank you to volunteers Margaret Rice-LaPlante, Lou Jefferson and Ashley Winchester, who assisted with registration and other aspects of the event. Thanks to Stoddard County and East Wayne County ambulance services for medical assistance. Thanks to Bo Bo the Clown (Irene Settle) for the standing-room-only magic shows, and the Wappapello Volunteer Fire Department, which provided craft booths, karaoke, musical entertainment and fireworks.
Through the efforts of our sponsors, partners and volunteers, Wappapello Lake shone in bringing families and memorable times together during the holiday weekend. That's something to celebrate.
GARY G. STILTS, Operations Manager, Wappapello Lake