- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Thanks for Wappapello Waterfest
To the editor:
At Wappapello Lake, we celebrated Independence Day with families from across the nation. We want to honor several businesses and organizations that shaped our Waterfest into quality family entertainment:
SEMO Regional Water Safety, which provides prizes, ribbons and water-safety materials. People's Community Bank (Wappapello facility). McDonald's Restaurants. Raben Tire Co. Plaza Tire Service. Expert Tire. Blackwell-Baldwin. Pizza Inn. Pizza Hut. CiCi's Pizza. Godfather's Pizza. Meineke Car Care Center. Dairy Queen. Hollywood Video. Hastings. Briggs and Stratton. American Superstores. Hefner's Furniture. Home Depot.
Thank you to volunteers Margaret Rice-LaPlante, Lou Jefferson and Ashley Winchester, who assisted with registration and other aspects of the event. Thanks to Stoddard County and East Wayne County ambulance services for medical assistance. Thanks to Bo Bo the Clown (Irene Settle) for the standing-room-only magic shows, and the Wappapello Volunteer Fire Department, which provided craft booths, karaoke, musical entertainment and fireworks.
Through the efforts of our sponsors, partners and volunteers, Wappapello Lake shone in bringing families and memorable times together during the holiday weekend. That's something to celebrate.
GARY G. STILTS, Operations Manager, Wappapello Lake