- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Richard Dale Russell, 61, of Jackson died Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2004, in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 9, 1942, at Loughboro, Mo., son of Elva and Lena Aldrich Russell. He married the former Barbara Graham.
Russell worked at Good Humor-Breyers 19 years, and was a member of Libertyville Methodist Church in Libertyville, Mo. He was formerly of Elvins, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Alan Russell of Fulton, Mo., Chuck Russell of Hickory Flat, Miss.; two stepchildren, Amy Jeter and Aaron Nanney; five brothers, Robert Russell of Snohomish, Wash., Joe Russell of Glenallen, Mo., Dean, Don and Jim Russell, all of Park Hills, Mo.; a grandson; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. today at the United Methodist Church in Libertyville, with the Revs. H.C. Pennel and Judy Jeffers officiating. Burial will be in Methodist Cemetery at Libertyville.
Horton-Wampler Funeral Home in Park Hills is in charge of arrangements.